At the close of Thursday’s markets, the eastern states restocker lamb indicator was 9¢ higher on where it finished yesterday, averaging 534¢/kg cwt.
- Merino lambs averaged 464¢, back 4¢/kg cwt, light lambs averaged 479¢, back 1¢/kg cwt, trade lambs averaged 517¢/kg cwt, steady.
- Heavy lambs averaged 528¢, back 2¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator averaged 309¢, back 3¢/kg cwt
Lamb numbers at Wagga totalled 28,200 head. Quality was good throughout the offering, however slightly lower than week-ago levels.
Heavy lambs were in good supply, with trade lines not as well represented. The usual buyers were present and active.
Sheep consignments almost doubled week-on-week, yarding 15,150 head. Quality was good; with ewes best supplied and weight a notable feature across the offering.
- Light weight 2 score old lambs to restockers averaged 570¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs to slaughter averaged 536¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score old lambs to processors averaged 527¢/kg cwt
- Extra heavy weight 4 score old lambs to slaughter averaged 489¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score Merino ewes averaged 284¢/kg cwt