Angus weaner steers and heifers carry on their dominance of the January weaner sales with strong demand from local and interstate buyers pushing prices well and truly in the favour of excited vendors
Weaner sales in WA’s Boyanup last week were encouraging with only 1 pen of steers not hitting 300c/kg.
RA Miaolo & Son, Coolup sold the largest offering with their first pen of 10 Angus weighing 386kg making 308c/kg or $1189/head and the same buyer paying 320c/kg or $1085/head for another 11 Angus weighing 339kg.
Southwest Pastoral had an exceptional offering with 10 Angus calves, 376kg selling for 318c/kg or $1197/head and a further two Angus lines for $326c/kg and 330c/kg or $1144/head and $1153/head respectively.
The Landmark Mt Barker Special Angus weaner sale offered up a quality yarding of 1425 weaners selling to a top of $1326/head.
The top price went to 15 Angus steers averaging 449kg making 295c/kg or $1326/head offered by Rayview Park, Manypeaks
The top price for Angus heifers went to RA & MA Wright, Kojonup WA for a pen of 12 Angus heifers averaging 345kg making 340c/kg or $1172/head
Other Mt Barker weaner sale results:
– 20 Angus steers, 352kg, JR & ME Rodgers made 334c/kg or $1177/head
– 19 Angus steers, 356kg, BJ Panizza Family Trust, Albany WA made 326c/kg or $1161/head
– 14 Angus steers, 370kg, SA & SH Smith, Albany WA made 325c/kg or $1203/head
– 18 Angus steers, 366kg, MI & DM Twentyman, Nanarup WA made 324c/kg or $1184/head
– 18 Angus steers, 340kg, Jeff Pyle & Co, Manypeaks WA made 317c/kg or $1078/head
– 17 Angus steers, 340kg, MJ Blyth & Co, Manypeaks WA made 316c/kg or $1074/head
– 14 Angus steers, 331kg, G & L Mills Family Trust made 310c/kg or $1026/head
Colac’s weaner sale saw Angus weaners in hot demand last week (18/01/16). China’s Fucheng Group had an unexpected and dramatic influence on the sale, purchasing 715 Angus females of the 1941 females yarded and a substantial run of medium weight Angus steers averaging $309c/kg or $980/head.
Charles Stewart and Co livestock agent Peter McConachy said Fucheng had an “outstanding” influence on the sale of Angus weaners. It was analysed they lifted the average for Angus females by $300/head.