The workshops, which may seem new to cattle producers, have been an extremely effective series of education building workshops within the sheep industry for many years.
The Spry’s workshop will be the first in a series of pilot trials for the Beef industry, however, if the success of the Bred well, fed well workshops is similar to the impact they have had on the sheep industry, they will prove to be tremendous step forward for the Australian Beef breeding industry.
In 2014, the MLA commissioned Southern Beef Situation Analysis report, high;lighted that cost of production for beef producers influenced profitability by 6 times more than price received. Understanding the effects of maternal efficiency on the profitability of commercial beef producers, is critical for breeders moving into the 21st Century.
The workshop will deal with the topics
- Breeding better heifers/cows
- Improving heifer/cow nutrition
- Developing a breeding goal
- Using EBV’s in bull selection
Speakers will include
- Dr Peter McGilchrist – Meat Science, Murdoch University
- Dr Rod Manning – Reproduction specialist, Veterinarian
- Dr Jason Trompf – Animal production Systems, Latrobe University and private consultant
This is a free hands on workshop about cattle breeding and feeding to make more money for producers.
Lunch will be provided.
Anyone looking to attend must RSVP to:
Gerald and Lynden Spry
0428 651 481 or 0428 285 526