Foundation Director, Professor Yani Garcia, said the theme of this year’s symposium was Revitalising dairy production through innovation and better management.
“It’s a fabulous opportunity to hear about ways the dairy industry can keep pace with the new opportunities and changing consumer expectations,” Professor Garcia said.
As always, the Symposium includes an exciting line-up of international and local guest speakers. The popular farm day will be held at Leppington Pastoral Company, hosted by the Perich family.
Here are a few session highlights:
- Drones over pastures, Aleam Gebremedhin Gebre, University of Melbourne
- Virtual fencing, Patricia Colusso, University of Sydney
- Advanced data-driven irrigation: where are the losses? James Hill, Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture
- Is it profitable to reduce methane in dairy farms? Pablo Alvarez Hess, University of Melbourne
- Lifting the game with animal food production: what people expect, Hope Bertram, RSPCA
- Calf rearing: the hidden gem of dairy farming, Bob James, Down Home Heifer Solutions, USA
- Innovating in dairy, Glen Herud, Happy Cow Milk, New Zealand