One of Australia’s most advanced dairy aggregations, Coomboona Dairies in the Goulburn Valley, is being offered to the market as a whole or as two contiguous holdings.
The asset has been listed with Elders Real Estate on instruction from Stewart McCallum and Ryan Eagle of Ferrier Hodgson and the sale process is being managed by Nick Myer and Anthony Stevens.
The operation was established to create a best in class mega dairy with capacity to supply significant volumes of milk to capitalise on ever increasing global demand.
Significant capital investments have been made, resulting in the dairy boasting state of the art technology combined with modern purpose-built infrastructure and a premium quality milking herd originating from some of the world’s highest profile registered Holstein genetics.
The dairy enjoys a secure portfolio of 3,461* ML water entitlements, in addition to 650* ML of dam storage, and extensive Goulburn River frontage.
Currently milking in the vicinity of 2,500 Holstein cows, the dairy boasts annual milk production in excess of 30 million litres of milk.
A current supply contract is in place with a scale Australian milk company. Given recent levels of investment, the dairy is ideally positioned to capitalise on further expansion and feed lotting opportunities.
Messrs Myer and Stevens are anticipating significant levels of interest from both private and institutional investors.
“This opportunity is being presented to the market in the context of a sector that is experiencing renewed optimism amidst ongoing growth in global demand for safely sourced dairy produce.” said Mr Myer.
“It is very rare for an asset of this scale and quality to be offered for sale. The existing owners have implemented a vision which positions an incoming purchaser to fully realise the potential of this unique asset.”
Mr Stevens noted that astute investors will immediately recognise key features differentiating Coomboona from any other available assets in the current market.
“This represents an opportunity to acquire a genuine state of the art operation, enjoying the efficiencies of a modern dairy and economies of scale that cannot be achieved through any other current opportunities.”
Coomboona Dairies is being marketed by Elders Real Estate executives, Nick Myer and Anthony Stevens, available on a ‘walk in, walk out’ basis, including livestock, plant and equipment, feed on hand and consumables, by way of Expression of Interest closing Thursday, 16 August 2018 at 4pm (AEST).
Additional Coomboona Dairies infrastructure:
- Two state of the art compost bedded barns – each 1,400* cow capacity
- Two modern fully automated dairy complexes (130 stand combined) with veterinary facility in addition to a Free Stall Shed housing up to 1,000 cows
- Multiple dwellings, associated dairy shedding, machinery/workshops, site offices, staff amenities, fodder storage (including 2,000* tonnes of grain storage)
- New Tatoma central feed mix station
- Extensive irrigation infrastructure with 797* hectares having been laser levelled for flood irrigation in addition to 187* hectares under laterals Variety of productive soil types in addition to an outstanding input history* approx.