Merino ewe lambs rose by $25 averaging $167 last week, selling from $120 to $251 on AuctionsPlus.
The top priced line was a mob of 11 to 12 month old 50kg Wanganella and Haddon Rig blood future breeders from Ungarie, NSW.
While a line of Wanganella blood 31kg May/June drop future breeders from Hay, NSW sold for $197.
Merino ewe hoggets this week trended weaker, down $3 on last week, making from $126 to $221, with an average of $170.
Highlights included 49kg Merino ewe hoggets from Goondiwindi, QLD which were scanned in lamb (SIL) selling for $197; while 42kg hoggets from Parkes, NSW sold for $221.
Young Merino breeders (2 to 4 years old) saw strong interstate buying interest, with prices ranging from $134 to $261, averaging $186, up $9 on last week. 2 to 3 year old SIL ewes from Bullarah, NSW sold for $207 to a grower in Longreach, QLD; while 3 year old SIL ewes from Forbes, NSW sold for $194 to a buyer in Wodonga, VIC.
Merino wethers and wether lambs continued to garnish strong buyer interest. Wether lambs sold from $83 to $161, with an average of $126, up $24 on last week.
While wether hoggets ranged $85 to $141, with an average of $113, up $6. Buyers looked for wool length on lines this week, with July/Aug drop 40kg Severn Park and Mumblebone blood lambs with a 1.7’’ skin from Mudgee, NSW selling for $161. 12 to 14 month old Egelabra blood hoggets from Winton, QLD with a 2.2’’ skin sold for $141, and full wool July/Aug drop 31kg lambs from Boorowa, NSW sold for $140.
This week saw many producers looking towards Spring, with NSW buyers buying a far south as Bridgewater North and Mansfield in VIC for SIL First Cross Border Leicester/Merino ewes.
SIL First Cross ewes sold from $170 to $300, to average $247. Standout lines included 21 to 22 month old ewes from Benalla, VIC selling for $300; Jul/Aug drop breeders from Wellington, NSW selling for $289; and 3 to 9 year old ewes from Peak Hill, NSW selling for $201.
This week saw the first National AuctionsPlus Goat Sale, 1,331 head offered. Dudauman Park, Quandialla, NSW sold the top price Boer buck goat with tag 8341 selling for $505, while Red Boer bucks sold to a top of $275. Doe’s were topped by a line of 22kg 8 to 9 month Boer/Rangeland goats from Mitchell, QLD for $160.
Store lamb numbers continued to drop this week, 2,209 head offered, 1,900 less than last week, highlights include:
• Jul/Aug-18 drop 36kg White Suffolk/Merino Mixed Sex Store Lambs from HAY New South Wales, sold for $159/435c lw
• Sep/Oct-18 drop 36kg Border Leicester/Merino Mixed Sex Lambs from BARRABA New South Wales, sold for $158/437c
• Feb/Mar-19 drop 33kg White Suffolk/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from GOODNIGHT New South Wales, sold for $156/463c
• Oct/Nov-18 drop 35kg Border Leicester/Merino Store Wether Lambs from BOURKE New South Wales, sold for $146/411c
• Feb/Mar-19 drop 27kg White Suffolk/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from GOODNIGHT New South Wales, sold for $146/530c
• Jul/Sep-18 drop 32kg Composite/Composite Mixed Sex Lambs from COLERAINE Victoria, sold for $145/446c
• Feb/Mar-19 drop 28kg White Suffolk/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from GOODNIGHT New South Wales, sold for $142/501c