Merino ewe lambs sold from $75 to $214 and averaged $135, steady on the previous week on AuctionsPlus.
The top price was returned by a line of 300 Goolgumbla blood future breeders, Jun/Jul ’18 drop and are 37kg with a 2.5” skin from Moulamein, NSW.
While a line of 420 Glendamar blood future breeder ewes from Nyngan, NSW returned $212. These ewes are Aug/Sept ’18 drop and weigh 45kgs with a 2” skin. Merino ewe hoggets sold from $145 to $232 and averaged $181, down $15 on last week.
The top price was returned by a line of 435 Hazeldean blood SIL ewes, 22-23 months old and weigh 50kgs with a 2” skin from Galong, NSW and will travel to Wagga, NSW.
Another line of 195 SIL ewes from Cassilis, NSW sold for $219, these ewes are 21-22 months, weigh 59kgs with a 2” skin and will travel to Bungendore, NSW.
Merino wether lambs sold from $75 to $157 and averaged $120 also steady on last week. (lot 284) The top price was returned by a line of 385 Haddon Rig blood woolgrower wether lambs from Scone, NSW.
These wethers are 9-10 months old, weigh 45kgs with a 1” skin and will travel to Bendigo, VIC.
A line of rising 2 year old wether hoggets from Cooma, NSW returned $160. These hoggets are 46kgs with a 3” skin and will travel to Armidale NSW.
First Cross ewe lambs sold from $138 to $252 and averaged $215 and achieved a 100% clearance. The top price was returned by a line of 225 NSM ewe lambs from Trangie, NSW.
These ewes are Jul/Aug ’18 drop, weigh 48kgs and will travel to Wagga, NSW. First cross ewes with lambs at foot achieved tops of $361, achieved by a line of 144 NSM ewes with 207 lambs at foot.
These ewes are 4-5 years of age, weighing 67kgs and have Dorset lambs at foot weighing 20kgs and aged 3-9 weeks.
Trade lambs have started to flow into the online market. Of note is a line of 720 Merino & Merino/Dohne cross trade wether lambs, recording 820c/kg dressed weight or $184/head on farm at Mount Gambier, SA.
These lambs are Jun/Jul ’18 drop and weighing 49kgs and were purchased by a processor.
The goat market continues to stoke buyer interest as more goats were listed online this week. A line of 111 Dunauman Park blood Boer cross Rangeland young breeder goat does sold for $140 at Goondiwinidi, QLD. These does are 9 to 10 months of age and weigh 31kgs.
Supply pressure on heavier lambs has fed down into the store lamb market this week, seeing a jump in prices. Numbers also increased with 3,324 head offered, 1,115 more than last week, highlights include:
- Feb/Mar-19 drop, 35kg White Dorper mixed sex lambs from THALLON, Queensland, sold for $141/427c
- Mar/Apr-19 drop, 34kg Poll Dorset x Border Leicester/Merino mixed sex suckers from WELLINGTON, New South Wales, sold for $180.5/539c
- Dec/Jan-18 drop, 33kg Poll Dorset x Border Leicester/Merino mixed sex store lambs from TRUNDLE, New South Wales, sold for $158/494c
- Aug/Sep-18 drop, 32kg SAMM/SAMM mixed sex lambs from WHITE CLIFFS, New South Wales, sold for $110.5/365c
- Aug-18 drop, 29kg Dohne/Dohne wethers from STOCKYARD HILL, Victoria, sold for $104/367c
- Sep/Oct-18 drop, 44kg Hampshire Down/Samm mixed sex trade lambs from YORK PLAINS, Tasmania sold for $151/354c