Merino ewe lambs held firm on last week selling from $130 to $264 and averaging $183 on AuctionsPlus.
The top price was returned by a line of 200 future breeders ewe lambs from Warroo, NSW. These future breeder Lachlan Merino blood lambs are 50kgs, Aug/Sep 18’ drop, have a 1” skin and found a buyer from Goulburn, NSW.
Ewe hogget’s fell $36 this week to average $175, selling from $116 to $217. The top price was returned for a line of 400 NSM Wangenella blood ewes from Hay, NSW.
These ewes are 34kgs, 14 – 15 months of age, have a 1.5” skin and will travel south across the border into Benalla, VIC. Young breeders (2 – 4 year old) sold from $162 to $218 and averaged $188, whilst proven breeders (4 – upwards) were down $15 averaging $163, selling from $100 to $246.
Highlights include; from Thargomindah, QLD a line of 595 SIL Merino ewes, 47kgs, rising 6-year old with a 1.5” skin returned $155; from Euduna, SA a line of 76 NSM Merino ewes, 56kgs, rising three-year-old returned $206 and will travel to Bendigo, VIC.
Merino wether lambs sold from $70.50 to $155 and averaged $121, up $2 from last week. The top price was returned by two lines of 290 store wether lambs from Peak Hill, NSW offered as a run out the gate.
These lambs are 34kgs, Mar/Apr ’19 drop and will travel to Nalinga, VIC. Merino wethers sold from $112 to $166 and averaged $144, up $24 from last week.
The top price was achieved by a line of 1400 Merino hoggets from Longreach, QLD. These hoggets are 49kgs, 12 – 14 months and will travel 1,800kms to Murray Bridge, SA. Other highlights include; 500 Merino wethers weighing 53kgs, aged 2 – 3 years from Quilpie, QLD selling for $145 to a buyer from Swan Hill, VIC.
First cross ewe lambs sold from $157 to $266 and averaged $236, firm on last week. The top price was achieved by two lines of 230 scanned empty ewe lambs from Grenfell, NSW which were offered as a run out of the gate.
These ewe lambs are 44kgs, Aug/Sep ’18 drop with one lot heading to Benalla, Vic and the other going to a buyer from Toogong, NSW.
Processors continue to scour the online sales to find stock as supply challenges are faced with three lots being purchased from three different sales; Tuesday National sheep, Lamb sale and the Thursday National sale. Highlights include; 600 Merino wethers from Inverell, NSW which are 2 – 4 years and 45kgs, returning $112 or 640c/kg dressed.
17,319 store lambs were offered this week, up 13,169 on last week. The category continues to receive strong buyer demand with a 91% clearance achieved. Highlights include:
– Apr/May-19, 40kg White Suffolk/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from ARIAH PARK, New South Wales sold for $200 or 493c/kg live
– Feb/Mar-19, 37kg 2nd Cross Poll Dorset and 2nd Cross White Suffolk Mixed Sex Suckers from HILLSTON, New South Wales sold for $179 or 496c/kg live
– Apr/May-19, 36kg Poll Dorset/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers from TEMORA, New South Wales sold for $178 or 482c/kg live
– Mar/Apr-19, 38kg 2nd Cross Poll Dorset Mixed Sex Suckers from TOOGONG, New South Wales sold for $175 or 464c/kg live
– Feb/Mar-19, 44kg 2nd Cross Australian White Wether Suckers from LONGREACH, Queensland sold for $172 or 413c/kg live
– Aug/Sep-18, 40kg Border Leicester/Merino Mixed Sex Lambs from GUNNING, New South Wales sold for $163.50 or 419c/kg live
– Mar/Apr-19, 40kg Border Leicester/Merino Wether Lambs from NARROMINE, New South Wales sold for $155 or 408c/kg live
– Oct/Dec-18, 36kg White Dorper/White Dorper and Dorper/White Dorper Wether Lambs from WEENGALLONG, Queensland sold for $146 or 409c/kg live