Merino ewe lambs sold from $117 to $208 and averaged $169, up $17 on last week om AuctionsPlus.
The top price returned by a line of 400 Calcookara blood future breeder Poll Merino ewe lambs form Orrooroo, SA.
These lambs are Sept/Oct ’18 drop, weigh 50kgs with a 1.5” skin and will travel to Port Augusta, SA.
Merino ewe hoggets sold from $117 to $299 to average $195, up $10 on last week.
The top price was returned by a line of Studall born and bred NSM ewes from Wallaloo East, VIC.
These ewes are 17 to 18 months old, weigh 59kgs with a 1.5” skin and will travel to Redan, VIC.
Young Merino breeders (2-4 years) sold from $133 to $257 to average $193, up a $43 on last week.
The top price was returned by a line of 325 Caroonboon & Bluebush blood NSM ewes from Newbridge, VIC. These ewes are rising 3 years old, weigh 67 kgs with a 3” skin and will travel to Shelbourne, VIC.
While Merino proven breeders (4+ years) sold from $90 to $238 to average $157, up $27 on last week.
The top price was returned by a line of 430 Uungala & Bonanza blood ewes from Tamworth, NSW. These ewes are 4 to 7 years old, weigh 63kgs with a 2” skin and have 410 White Suffolk sired lambs at foot which are 1 to 8 weeks old. The line was secured by a buyer Swan Hill, VIC.
Merino wether lambs sold from $82 to $148 to average $116, up $15 on last week. Highlights include 880 Collinsville blood wether lambs from Ivanhoe, NSW selling for $145.
These lambs are May/June ’19 drop, weigh 40kgs with a 1.5” skin and will travel to Trangie, NSW.
While Merino wethers sold from $72 to $130 to average $96, down $10 on last week. The top price was returned by a mob of Old Ash Rose blood wethers from Bourke, NSW.
These wethers are 2-6 years old, weigh 57kgs with a 2” skin and will travel to Orange, NSW.
First Cross ewe lambs offerings were down significantly and prices also took a hit, selling from $148 to $190 to average $168, down $40.
The top price was returned by a line of 300 future breeder ewe lambs from Illabo, NSW. These lambs are April/May ’19 drop, weigh 41kgs and will travel to Bald Hills, VIC. First Cross ewes sold from $178 to $246 to average $195.
Highlights include a mob of ewe hoggets weighing 61kgs from Cooma, NSW returning the top price; 129 future breeder ewe hoggets weighing 50kgs, from Trundle, NSW returned $210.
This week there was 17,942 store lambs offered online, up 5,631 head on last week. Selling from 318c to 500c averaging 426c, down 4c on last week. Buying competition remained high, recording 98% clearance. Store lamb highlights include:
– Apr/May ’19, 40kgs 2nd X Dorset Mixed Sex lambs store lambs from Benalla, Victoria sold for $174 or 440c live
– Jun/Jul ’19, 39kg 2nd X Poll Dorset mixed sex suckers from Wagga Wagga, NSW sold for $169 or 430c live
– Apr/May ’19, 41kg Suffolk/Merino mixed sex suckers from Jabuk, SA sold for $161 or 394c live
– Jun/Jul ’19, 37kg 2nd X Poll Dorset mixed sex suckers from Molong, NSW sold for $161 or 433c live
– May/Jun ’19, 37kg 2nd X Poll Dorset mixed sex suckers from Pulletop, NSW sold for $160 or 428c live
– Apr/May ’19, 41kg White Suffolk/Merino mixed sex suckers from Jabuk, SA sold for $160 or 390c live
– Apr/May ’19, 41kg White Suffolk/Poll Merino mixed sex trade lambs from Keith, SA sold for $160 or 395c live
– Apr/May ’19, 43kg Border Leicester/Merino store wether lambs from Illabo, NSW sold for $158 or 365c live