Prices were slightly back on last week selling from 353c to 545c to average 424c, easing 12c, highlights include;
– Apr/May ’20, 26kg, 2nd X Poll Dorset & White Suffolk mixed sex suckers (pictured) from WAGGA WAGGA, New South Wales sold for 545c or $140
– Apr ’20, 25kg, White Suffolk/Merino store wether lambs from HAWKESDALE, Victoria sold for 490c or $120
– Mar/Apr ’20, 31kg, Dorper store wether lambs from AUGATHELLA, Queensland sold for 434c or $135.5
– Mar/Apr ’20, 34kg, Border Leicester/Merino store wether lambs from LAMEROO, South Australia sold for 399c or $135
– Apr/Jun ’20, 37kg, 2nd X Composite mixed sex suckers from GUNNING, New South Wales sold for 441c or $161
– Mar/Apr ’20, 43kg, 2nd X White Suffolk mixed sex store lambs from MENDOORAN, New South Wales sold for 413c or $177
Merino ewe lambs averaged $224 selling from $134 to $260. The top price was returned by two lines of 202 future breeder ewe lambs from Mangoplah, NSW. These Bundilla ewes are Aug – Sept 19’ drop, 52kgs and will travel to Narromine and Tullibigeal.
Merino hoggets sold from $185 to $343 averaging $253, up $43. From Upotipotpon, VIC 147 NSM ewes and 136 lambs returned the top price.
These Toland blood ewes are 55kgs, 2 years of age, have a 2” skin on their backs and will travel to Keith, SA.
Young Merino ewes (2 – 4years) sold from $223 to $357 averaging $293, firm on last week. The top price was returned by a line of 710 SIL Merino ewes split into three lines.
The ewes are 2-3 years of age, 70kgs, have a 2” skin on their backs, SIL to Border Leicester rams, and all three lines will travel to Wellington, NSW.
Proven Merino breeders (4+ years) averaged $280, up $60 selling from $169 to $361. The top price was returned by a line of 83 NSM ewes and 89 lambs from Baldry, NSW. These Gullendah blood ewes are 66kgs, 4 – 5 years of age, have a 3” skin on their backs and will travel to Forbes, NSW.
Wether lambs sold from $93 to $138, averaging $118, up $17. The top price was returned by a line of 480 wether suckers from Balranald, NSW.
These wethers lambs are 37kgs, Apr – May 20’ drop, have a 1” skin on their backs and will travel to Hobbys Yards, NSW.
Merino wethers sold from $103 to $142 averaging $119, up $2. The top price was returned by a line of 400 trade wethers from Anembo, NSW. These wethers are 54kgs, 22-24 months of age, have ¾” skin on their backs and will travel to Epsom, VIC.
First cross lambs sold from $253 to $305 averaging $259, up $7. The top price was returned by a line of 53 future breeders ewe lambs from Forbes, NSW. These lambs are 52kgs, Sep – Oct 19’ drop and will travel to Blayney, NSW.
First cross ewes sold from $229 to $361, averaging $309. From Tullamore, NSW the top price was returned by a line of 70 SIL first cross ewes. These ewes are 2 – 3 years of age, 64kgs, are SIL to Poll Dorset rams and will travel to Narromine, NSW.