Following a wet and magnificent winter, and a proven emerging issue of growing blowfly resistance to chemical preventatives across NSW, the 2021 Spring and Summer are shaping up to be a challenging flystrike season.
Here is your opportunity to learn about how to plan and manage prevention of flystrike in your flock by listening to a leading flystrike expert in NSW, Narelle Sales, on a webinar on August 25 from 12.30pm-1.30pm.
Narelle will not only be updating your knowledge on chemical and management strategies for flystrike but will work through a case study to give you a real-time example of how to plan and manage the upcoming season.
There will also be the opportunity to participate in an interactive session at the end of the webinar so you can start planning your flystrike strategy for the months ahead.
The following topics will be covered in the webinar:
- The life cycle of Lucilia
- Available insecticides (past and present) to prevent and/or treat flystrike
- What is insecticide resistance and how we determine it
- What resistance to Dicyclanil and Cyromazine means for protection period
- Demonstration of risk modelling which includes the strategic use of insecticides, crutching and drenching
- The four pillars to reduce reliance on insecticides
- The decision tree of insecticide use.
For more information, contact Justine McNally, District Veterinarian with North West Local Land Services on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 299 133.