NVLX Wodonga maintained its position of the largest selling centre in the state, yarding 184,588 head, while Leongatha totalled 127,914 head, placing it in second position.
Numbers at Warrnambool reached 108,557 head for the year, lifting it from fourth to third and replacing Pakenham, which slipped to fourth with a total of 96,879 head.
Throughput at Shepparton equated to 96,662 head, ranking it in fifth position.
The balance of the top ten included;
- Bairnsdale – sixth – totalling 61,454 head
- Ballarat – seventh – recording a throughput of 49,081 head
- Camperdown – eighth – easing one position from last year with 42,047 head
- Sale – ninth – with a throughput of 32,000 head, lifting it from twelfth in 2015-16
- Echuca – tenth – with consignments totalling 31,875 head
To view the full cattle saleyard survey results, please click here.