The Angus Australia Foundation awards two scholarships annually to give Angus Australia members the opportunity to participate in the annual LiveCorp and Australian Livestock Exporters Council LIVEX Forum and LIVEXchange Conference.
In 2019 the scholarship will be to attend the LIVEXchange Conference in Townsville QLD, 30-31 October 2019. For more information about the forum, head to the LIVEXchange website
These events are all about sharing information and insight into the livestock export trade, breaking down knowledge barriers, being open about industry challenges and demonstrating industry’s commitment and ongoing effort to improve animal welfare in supply chains.
Members aged between 18 and 30 with a commitment to the Australian beef industry and the Angus breed are encouraged to apply.
Each scholarship recipient will be provided with $1500 to assist in covering costs associate with attending the event, (for example; flights, accommodation and the event registration fee).
The aim of this scholarship is to:
- Increase the recipient’s knowledge of the Live Export industry and the beef industry as a whole
- Allow the recipients the opportunity to network with industry professionals
- Develop the recipient’s personal skills
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER
To be eligible for these scholarship’s, applicants must be between 18 and 30 years of age. You must also be a current Angus Youth or Angus Australia financial member. Membership forms are available on the Angus Australia website.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the LIVEEX Scholarship, applicants will need to complete the entire following application.
CONDITIONS OF RECEIVING THE SCHOLARSHIP
- The scholarship cannot be deferred, it must be taken up in the year it is awarded
- Within two weeks of returning, a full trip report must be given to the Angus Australia Foundation
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 5pm 26 August 2019