Beef cattle are a key focus of study and research at Kansas State University. With their own seed stock and commercial herd, feedlot, feed mill, brilliant teaching facilities and staff, the university offers an exceptional learning environment.
Sponsored by the Angus Australia Foundation, the Kansas State University Scholarship provides each year an Angus Australia member with the opportunity to study at Kansas State University for one semester (US spring semester, January through to April/May).
The scholarship is open to any young beef cattle enthusiast who is a member of Angus Australia wanting to increase their knowledge of all facets of the beef industry. Not only does this scholarship represent a once in a lifetime opportunity for the recipient, it provides the recipient with $10,000 to cover the costs of attending Kansas State University.
Whilst at the University the recipient will also get the chance to become fully involved with campus activities and be able to visit local beef producers and agribusinesses, including Certified Angus Beef.
- Applicants must be aged between 21 and 30 years of age (age at 1st January 2020)
- Applicants must be members of Angus Youth/Angus Australia (membership form may be completed with application)
- Please note that previous university study is not a requirement to apply
Conditions of winning the scholarship
- The successful recipient must agree to attend an official awards presentation
- The scholarship cannot be deferred, it must be taken up in the 12 months after it is awarded
- Whilst at Kansas State University the recipient must keep a blog, this is to be updated at least weekly
- Upon returning from the scholarships the recipient must make themselves available to give a presentation at an assigned industry event
- Within 4 weeks of returning a full written trip report must be submitted to the Angus Australia Foundation