Merino ewe lambs ranged from $93.50 through to $242, returning an average price of $174.50 on AuctionsPlus.
The top price went to a line of 750 Merino lambs from Caragabal, NSW. These lambs are 11-12 months, weigh 55kgs and found a Victorian buyer.
While unjoined ewe hoggets averaged $187.50, down $6.50 on last week, with prices between $129 and $267.
Returning the top price, was a line of 265 Merino hoggets, 15-16 months from Balranald, NSW. Young Merino breeders, 2 to 4 years averaged $175, a drop of $35 on last week. Selling from $120 to $251, the top price was returned by a line of 174 rising 3 year old Merino ewes from Kimba, SA.
Unjoined proven breeders sold from $90 to $175, averaging $151, down $59 on last week. Returning the top price was a line of 350 Banavie/Charinga blood ewes from Tomingley, NSW.
While SIL Merino ewes averaged $141, selling from $114 to $180. From Cudal, NSW a line of rising 5 year old ewes, SIL to Merino rams returned the top price.
Processor activity was evident in the sheep sales this week. 16kg dress weight Sept/Oct 18’ drop Merino wether lambs with a 1.5’’ skin from Grenfell, NSW sold to a processor for 660c/kg dw or $105.
Overall, Merino wether lambs averaged $117, down $7 on last and sold from $57 to $163. While processors looked into Queensland for mutton, purchasing 19kg 2 and 3 year old Merino wethers also with a 1.5’’ skin from Thargomindah, QLD for 486c/$90; 5 to 6 year old 25kg full wool Merino ewes from Manildra, NSW sold for 675c/$170. The average price for Merino hoggets and grown wethers dropped by $37, to $85 with prices ranging from $54 to $115.
First cross ewe lambs averaged $217, selling from $150 to $236. From Nyngan, NSW a line of 440 ewe lambs weighing 46kgs returned the top price.
While unjoined first cross hoggets and ewes sold from $180 to $250, to average $224. The top price was returned by a line of 215 hoggets, weighing 63kgs from Mindarie, SA.
Other highlights saw a line of SAMM/Merino ewes & lambs from Orroroo, SA return $280. These ewes are rising 3 years with White Suffolk sired lambs at foot, averaging 35kgs. While from Dubbo, NSW a line of Composite/Merino cross ewes and lambs sold for $233.
New season store lamb numbers rose this week by 7,000 head to see 16,800 head, seeing a 62% clearance.
- Apr/May-19 drop, 45kg White Suffolk/Merino Wether Lambs, from CARRATHOOL New South Wales sold for 365/$167
- Mar/May-19 drop, 38kg White Suffolk/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers, from JABUK South Australia sold for 410/$157
- Apr/May-19 drop, 38kg 2ndX Poll Dorset Mixed Sex Suckers, from SPICERS CREEK New South Wales sold for 410/$156
- AprMay-19 drop, 39kg Dorset/Merino Mixed Sex Store Lambs, from CONDOBOLIN New South Wales sold for 389/$154
- Apr/May-19 drop, 38kg White Suffolk/Merino Wether Lambs, from CARRATHOOL New South Wales sold for 404/$154
- Apr/May-19 drop, 38kg Merino/White Suffolk Mixed Sex Store Lambs, from CONDOBOLIN New South Wales sold for 393/$153
- Apr/May-19 drop, 36kg White Suffolk/Poll Merino Mixed Sex Lambs, from TINTINARA South Australia sold for 417/$152
- Mar/Apr-19 drop, 37kg 2ndX Poll Dorset Mixed Sex Suckers, from DUBBO New South Wales sold for 402/$150
- May/Jun-19 drop, 37kg 2ndX Poll Dorset Mixed Sex Suckers, from GEURIE New South Wales sold for 398/$150
- Mar/Apr-19 drop, 33kg 2ndX Poll Dorset Mixed Sex Store Lambs, from FORBES New South Wales sold for 438/$145
- Apr/May-19 drop, 37kg White Suffolk/Merino Mixed Sex Suckers, from MERINGUR Victoria sold for 389/$145